As of January 2021, the Main Street reconstruction project is approximately 90% complete after 2 seasons of work. The expected end date for the whole project is mid-2021. Stay tuned for more information on a town-wide celebration of the transofrmation, tentatively scheduled for August 26-29, 2021!
If you live, work, or travel through the construction areas and you think you might be impacted by the road construction, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- The Main Street reconstruction project may cause temporary disruption in your regular daily schedules but will have long term benefits. Keep positive and focused on the end game!
- Downtown Waterbury and our Main Street will be vastly improved by the time we get to mid-2021.
- If you expect your travel to be temporarily disrupted or delayed, please be patient and plan for extra travel time.
- Everyone involved in the road construction work is trying their very best to minimize disruptions where possible. Help is available from a number of knowledgeable and qualified individuals who are working on your behalf. Just ask if you have any questions or need information.
- Keep updated on what is happening. There are many ways to get current information. Use the resources that work best for you so you know what to expect each week during construction.
- Please remember to support your local businesses!